• 2 ½ tbsp olive oil
• 3 applewood-smoked bacon slices, finely chopped
• ½ cup finely chopped shallots
• 16 oz of cremini mushrooms, finely chopped
• 1 tbsp minced garlic
• 3 cups unsalted beef stock, divided
• 16 oz baby spinach, coarsely chopped
• 3 1/4 lbs of beef tenderloin, trimmed
• 1 ½ tsp salt
1) Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan; swirl to coat. Add bacon; cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add shallots; cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms; cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Increase heat to medium-high. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Stir in 1/2 cup beef stock; cook until liquid almost evaporates, stirring occasionally (about 8 minutes). Add spinach; cook for 1 minute or until spinach wilts.
2) Preheat oven to 350°F.
3) Cut horizontally through the center of beef, cutting to, but not through, the otherside using a sharp knife; open flat, as you would a book. Place beef between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound to an even 1/2-inch thickness (about 13 inches square) using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Brush